Let’s dive straight into some of the important Customer Feedback Statistics for 2021 which are really gonna help you to shape your product 🚀 in an efficient manner.
Facts are stubborn , but statistics are more pliable.
— Mark Twain
Before diving deep into the topic , let me give you some CRUX so that if you are running out of time or in case you don’t wanna read the full article 📰 , you can still have some kind of takeaway :
- 90% of customers are influenced by positive reviews when buying a product.(Zendesk).
- 31% of customers report reaching out to a company via Twitter 🐦 (Forrester).
- Whether it’s filling out a survey or writing a review , much of that information is coming from a mobile device. So in order to reach out to as many customers as possible, surveys, emails and newsletters should be formatted in a way that is pleasant for mobile users (mailchimp) (Upland Adestra).
- 44% of consumers say they are likely to become repeat buyers after a personalised shopping experience (Segment).
- Investing in new customers is between 5️⃣ & 2️⃣5️⃣ times more expensive than retaining existing ones(Invesp).
We’ve curated, vetted, and categorised a list of up-to-date stats below :
- Customer Service Statistics
- Customer Experience Statistics
- Customer Retention Statistics
- Customer Satisfaction Statistics
- Customer Relationship Management Statistics
- Customer Behaviour Statistics
Customer Service Statistics
The following statistics on customer service will help you to brainstorm new strategies for strengthening your customer service team.
- Consumers are willing to spend 17% more on a company that has outstanding customer service. (American Express)
- 62% of customers want to communicate with companies via email ️for customer service. 48% want to use the phone , 42% live chat , and 36% “Contact Us” forms” 📋 (HubSpot Research)
- A customer is 4️⃣ times more likely to switch a competitor if the problem they’ re having is service-based ️(Bain and Company)
- 90% of customers rate an “immediate” response as important or very important when they have a customer service question. 60% of customers define “immediate” as 10 minutes or less.
- 80% of American customers are satisfied with the customer service currently provided by their businesses. (American Express)
- 95% of adults between the ages of 18 and 34 are likely to follow a brand through social media channels. (MarketingSherpa)
Customer Experience Statistics
1One thing that is making customer experience more important than ever is the fact that consumer trust is declining across all industries . With growing distrust around issues like data, brands need to do what they can to ensure that CX at every touchpoint is delivering in order to build trust with their customers.
- Only 22% of consumers think mobile experience is good.**(Temkin Group)**
- Less than 50% of executives prioritise employee feedback .(Temkin Group)
- More than 80% of companies who prioritise customer experience are reporting an increase in revenue (Hubspot)
- Customer-centric companies are 60% more profitable than companies that aren’t.(Forbes)
Customer Retention Statistics
Here are some fantastic customer loyalty and retention statistics that may surprise you
- 9 out of 10 consumers value when a business knows their account history and current activities with that company. (Genesys)
- 37% of consumers say that it takes 5️⃣ or more purchases for them to consider themselves loyal to a brand. (Yotpo)
- 50% of customers naturally churn every 5 years. However, only 1 out of 26 😒 unhappy customers complain; the rest simply churn. (Kolsky)
- U.S. companies lose $136.8 billion per year due to avoidable consumer switching. (CallMiner)
- 26% of customers feel more loyalty to brands , while 21% of customers feel more loyalty to products. (InMoment)
Customer Satisfaction Statistics
Customer Satisfaction is usually measured by 3️⃣ metrics -
- Net Promoter Score(NPS)
- Customer Satisfaction Score(CSAT)
- Customer Effort Score(CES)
Let’s us take a brief look upon them :
Net Promoter Score was designed to measure customer experience and predict its impact on the future of the company. NPS consists of 2 questions, allowing to get both quantitative and qualitative data about customers’ feelings.
- The NPS statistic falls between -100 and 100, with a score of -100 signifying that everyone in your sample is a detractor, and a score of 💯 signifying that everyone in your sample is a promoter. A score greater than signifies that there are more promoters than detractors, and vice versa.
Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) is an indication of customer happiness. It’s usually based on a short survey that customers fill out, typically after a conversation or ticket is resolved. This survey can take many different forms, but at its core asks the customer to rate their experience on a scale ranging from good/great to bad.
CSAT is calculated by dividing all the positive responses by the total number of responses and multiplying by 100. This results in your CSAT percent . For eg., if you have 35 positive responses and a total of 50 responses, your CSAT would be 70%.
(#) positive responses / (#) total responses X 100 = (%) CSAT
The customer effort score is an index from 1 to 7 that measures how easy a company makes it for customers to deal with its products and services. It is used to measure customer satisfaction levels 😠 😐 😃 by focusing on the efforts customers make to interact with your business’ services and products.
- The higher a company’s CES, the happier their customers will be. According to CEB, moving a customer from a 1 to a 5 boosts their loyalty by 22%.Though moving someone from a 5 to a 7 increases their loyalty by only 2%.
Customer Relationship Management Statistics
If you’re thinking about investing in a CRM for your sales team, these CRM stats pulled from independent research studies might convince you to take the plunge.
- Offering mobile CRM access does not just increase use of the software, but also the productivity of the workforce. Statistics from Forester have shown that 50% of teams improved their productivity by using a mobile CRM.
- CRM software revenues have overtaken database management systems to become the largest of all software markets. And with revenues expected to reach over $80 billion by 2025, it’s no surprise that CRM is the fastest growing software market.
- Salesforce is the leading CRM vendor with 19.5% of the CRM market share (gartner)
- CRM revenues are expected to reach over $80 billion 💰in 2025.
- One-third of CRM users spend from 3–5 hrs per week using CRM, while 24% spend more than 10 hrs per week . (LinkedIn)
- Research tells us that the most effective sales organizations are 81% more likely to practice consistent usage of their CRM system. (Source: Aberdeen Group)
Customer Behaviour Statistics
Whether your area of speciality is social media, mobile marketing, paid search or just about any other marketing discipline, all of your efforts should start by analysing the wants, needs and behaviours of your consumer 👀
- 87% Of Shoppers now begin product searches online (retaildive).
- 82% Of Consumers expect an immediate response to Sales Or Marketing Question (smallbiztrends).
- 67% Of Customers prefer self-service over speaking to a Company Representative (zendesk).
- By 2021, The Number Of Voice Assistant Users Will Reach 122.7 Million (emarketer).